The reason for starting the END-FED antenna thread -

Nan and Sandy Sanders radiodog77 at pobox.com
Mon Oct 6 11:57:17 CDT 2014

Dick, check out http://www.aa5tb.com/efha.html he has a good write up
and a list of links at the end. Most of the very little HF operating
I have done has been with end fed half waves but at qrp power
levels.  You will have to have a large enough plate spacing on the
cap but it should not be too bad. I think there is tuner modeling
software out there some where that should give you some idea of the
voltage across the cap.
      Sandy
     WB5MMB