Ham Radio Club at Local Retirement Community

3t3 3t3 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 22:11:54 CDT 2014

Hello -

Recently someone ask me about my retirement activities and he was
wondered how he could find a ham radio club to get involved with that
had young members that could do some tower climbing at his QTH -
climbing that he, because of his advancing age, was unwilling to do.

As he and I talked about it, he wound up asking me about a place he had
heard of called "The Collington" - he had heard that they had an active
Ham Radio Club there.  It was news to me so I have been "Google-ing"
around and I found the following:

http://collington.kendal.org/contact/

It looks like a nice place and from what I can see by the pictures out
on their web site they have some nice ham radio equipment for their
residents to use (club station K3CCR).  I still don't know who climbs
the towers but it looks interesting.  :-)

If any of you are interested in finding out more about their ham radio
club, maybe we should form up a "'scouting party" to go over and look at
it to see what it is all about - maybe even find a way to help them stay
involved in ham radio by getting some of their club members to come to
our meetings and maybe some of them might be good guest speakers at our
club meetings.

Please email me if you are interested in visiting the Collington
Retirement Community located at 10450 Lottsford Road, Mitchellville,
Maryland.

73
de

--