Errant boat scrubs Antares launch from Virginia

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 16:56:14 CDT 2014

I was lucky enough to see the STS-110 shuttle launch whilst on the obligatory Disneyworld family holiday some years ago. The first attempt was scuppered by fuelling problems; luckily the next attempt was three days before we left and we got back to Canaveral to witness it. There was a computer malfunction that demanded a complete reboot, and then another delay as the Coastguard diverted a private boat from downrange. The mission eventually launched with seven seconds of the launch window remaining.

My son, then 9, was mighty impressed to see a real rocket launch, but this was completely overshadowed the following day by feeding dolphins at Seaworld. Kids, eh?

Phil M1GWZ