eLORAN

Patrick Gray patgperiod at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:30:03 CDT 2014

A paper Road Atlas can't be beat.

When I was in the Coast Guard, they operated a worldwide navigation system
Omega that used only six radio sites, that was decommissioned in the late
'90's. It offered some of the choicest overseas duty assignments with the
exception of Liberia.

Though it was not as accurate as Loran C, we used it to update our Inertial
Navigation System in flight on HC-130 operations.

How about an updated eOmega system that could embed additional information
inside the timing pulses.

Pat KF4MTV