MARCONI WIRELESS TELEGRAPHY c1919 LIFEBOAT SPARK TRANSMITTER Type 241C

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Mon Nov 3 20:47:57 CST 2014

No guts there.  1952 I used my Lionel train transformer to drive a model T coil hooked to a 300 ft wire out the window.  Really got sparks.  Could easily be heard on code over two miles.  Learned to burnish the key contacts regularly.  Until a Ham in town figured out who I was and helped me get a Novice ticket.  Plan right out of a Tom Swift novel.

Maybe using the spark that late wasn't a stretch.  Kansas had more horses than tractors until sometime in the 1950s.

N0UU