References for last night's Morse Decoder presentation

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Thu Nov 13 07:10:23 CST 2014

These are links to tools and resources discussed in my presentation on
building a Morse Decoder:

The main reference for Arduino hardware and software:
Arduino: www.arduino.cc

The math behind the simple, powerful digital signal processing algorithm
for tone detection:
Goertzel Algorithm Explanation:
http://www.embedded.com/design/configurable-systems/4024443/The-Goertzel-Algorithm

The Arduino library files to implement the Goertzel algorithm (comes with
an example):
Goertzel Arduino Code: https://github.com/jacobrosenthal/Goertzel

Ideal Circuit is a quick, powerful and easy to use circuit simulator. It is
very useful for audio filter design:
Ideal Circuit: http://ic.sidelinesoft.com/

There are few good, free stripboard designers. VeroDes is one of the least
annoying. You may have to load the ancient support files and run it in a
low res mode to use it:
VeroDes: http://www.heyrick.co.uk/software/verodes/

This is the adaptive Morse Decoder software with nice scrolling and word
wrap features:
WB7FHC Morse Decoder: http://tinyurl.com/wb7fhc-morse

Tayda Electronics is an excellent US-based supplier of good quality, low
cost parts. Rapid delivery:
Tayda Electronics: www.taydaelectronics.com

The perfect enclosure for Arduino UNO projects. Cheaper than eBay from
China and available at your local store:
Radio Shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/project-enclosure-5x2-5x2-/2701803.html#start=2

I will post my presentation file in the near future. Thanks to all who came
to the meeting.

*73 Karl W4KRL*