Arduino starter kits

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Mon Dec 29 10:08:52 CST 2014

On 12/29/2014 3:55 PM, Andre Kesteloot wrote:

> / What you propose is interesting, but Arduino has many advantage when used as a dedicated state- engine: it does what
> you told it to do, and nothing else, and therefore does not waste cycles to perform maintenance tasks, because it does
> have an operating system such as Linux./

The Discovery board does not use Linux, nor any other op-sys... you program it "bare metal", as they say, in C language...
you have complete control of every and each cycle of the CPU... I know, I used that board for prototyping the
firmware for the Elad DUO <http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/11933> RTX.
It is a joy to work with, especially as the Cortex ARM M4F has a 32-bit floating point unit, essential for all
those DSP computations (FFT, FIR, etc.) needed on an SDR.

73  Alberto  I2PHD

---