Automated LCR Transistor Tester

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Sat Feb 28 19:08:54 CST 2015

I succumbed and bought a similar gadget last November. Sadly, my 1980s homebrew BJT tester has now found its way, unloved, to the back of the test gear shelf because this one is so much more convenient. I'm a little disappointed that my new gadget can't measure transconductance or threshold voltage for FETs, and single-package Darlington-pair transistors give totally spurious hFE values. However, the latter give themselves away by reporting a forward voltage of twice that of a regular BJT, as expected.

There are times when you just have to shrug and let the 21st Century in!

Phil M1GWZ