battery burn bag

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 25 15:38:15 CDT 2015

On 3/25/2015 4:15 PM, Alex Fraser wrote:
> If I do everything correctly when charging will this type of battery
> still have
> a chance of catching fire?

  Others (including airlines) have done everything right and fires still
happened. When it comes to Lithium batteries I assume any of them could
spontaneously flame at any time. That's why I never leave that type of
battery unattended when charging. I certainly wouldn't leave my home
during charging. When traveling I always remove them from equipment and
store in large, covered but no sealed metal buckets, away from anything
flammable.

Richard