battery burn bag

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:33:24 CDT 2015

I saw the results of a laptop battery catching fire while the laptop was in
use.  It was connected to a home-brew 3D printer.  I can't image the fault
that caused it but the aftermath in stink and smoke was awful.  The fire
extinguisher also made a mess though that was the extent of the damage.

The idea of keeping my phone with 2.6 A-H LiPo in my pants pocket doesn't
seem like such a good idea now.  BTW if you've never taken a smart phone
apart you'd be surprised by what a large fraction of the phone is battery.