Three reasons to hold off on Windows 10

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Sat Sep 5 18:00:45 CDT 2015

On 2015-09-04 17:59, Alberto di Bene wrote:
> "all") the programs I wrote in the
> course of the last 20 years, without changing a single bit in the
> code. Try that with Linux...

I have been writing cross-platform code for all of that time and have
never had a problem with Linux. I have had problems with Windoz. I
suspect this means YMMV, but it definitely discounts the idea that linux
is difficult as a dev platform. I find precisely the opposite. More than
10% of the code in production cross-platform apps is there to account
for and overcome Windows problems and inconsistencies... on the linux
side of the chart I've never (as far as I can remember) had to write
special code to get around it's behavior... it always just works as
expected.

My $0.02.

_M

--