QST QST QST -Learn Morse Code/CW free Class each Saturday 3-5 PM

Terry McCarty 3t3 at comcast.net
Thu May 5 01:56:45 CDT 2016

Start - QST QST QST

Woodbridge Amateur Radio Club will start a free Morse Code/CW Class at
3:00 PM this Saturday, 30 April 2016.

No prior knowledge or experience with Morse Code is required.  All are
welcome.

We should plan on meeting every Saturday afternoon to practice and gain
experience.  Duration of the weekly meetings and the number of weeks we
will meet will be determined by those who attend.

Bring your CW key or keyer if you have one.  If you don't have one,
there will most likely be extra keys for you to practice sending with.
As might be expected, sending Morse code is usually not nearly the
challenge as is the case of listening to Morse code and writing it down
or understanding it "in your head" - i.e. emphasis will be placed on
learning to copy CW vs send CW.

If you have code practice material (a computer program or magnetic tapes
or CDs) that you have used in the past, please bring them to the class
so all of us can have the benefit of your past efforts.

The thrust of our initial meeting will be primarily aimed at assessing
where everyone is "coming from" and "where you want to go" on your
journey toward learning Morse code.

And ... If you are interested in teaching Morse Code along with me,
please come prepared to volunteer to help.

The Address is:

Bethel United Methodist Church (UMC)
Class Room # 3
13506 Minnieville Road
(at the corner of Smoketown and Minnieville Roads)
Woodbridge, VA 22192

http://server1.bethelumc.org/web/index.php

Driving Directions:

   1.  From I-95 take Exit #158 (to Prince William Parkway) towards
      Manassas.
   2. After about 1 mile on the Parkway, turn right (west) onto
      Smoketown Rd.
   3. Bethel UMC is located at the intersection of Minnieville Road and
      Smoketown Road.

Google Maps Directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=13506%20Minnieville%20Road,%20Woodbridge%20VA%2022912

End - QST QST QST