Win 10 lawsuit

RICHARD BARTH w3hwn at comcast.net
Tue Jun 28 14:59:23 CDT 2016

The law suit is new to me -- there hasn't been anything in the press, or on the web, that I've noticed.

But it doesn't surprise me. This devious approach to getting people to use their latest version, whether

they want to or not, needed to cost them something. It wouldn't surprise me, now that the news is out,

for somebody to launch a class action law suit encompassing everybody who has had this happen to

them.

The switch from "optional" to "recommended" was the last straw, so far as I was concerned. A lot of

people have set their machines up for automatic install of "recommended" patches for security's sake.

Slipping a replacement OS in as a patch is reaching pretty low.