Tacos Digest ... security issue

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Jul 27 21:25:29 CDT 2016

Here in the future, it's no longer necessary to run private-CA or self-signed certs and give your users browser errors.  There are free certs available (yes, even SAN...) for the price of a little bit of typing and cron manipulation, that trace back to root CAs that are in your browser's trust store.  See https://letsencrypt.org

If you've like me and have already got a workflow established around manually handling x.509 certs rather than wanting a does-it-all-for-you plugin, I can wholeheartedly recommend https://github.com/diafygi/acme-tiny

I have some scripts wrapped around acme-tiny that writes the req file based on a simple config file (plain CN or SAN), and then invokes acme-tiny and writes output files with the intermediate certs stacked in there for nginx and friends...  happy to share (yeah, I know I should just put them on github).

-r