FW: (WWI) WA5NTI

William Fenn wfenn4 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 09:44:20 CDT 2016

FYI

From: Mark Rinehart [mailto:mrinehart at cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:11 AM
To: William Fenn <wfenn4 at verizon.net>
Subject: Fwd: (WWI) WA5NTI

Update on Terry. Please post to AMRAD tacos.

-M. Rinehart

via iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carl Henson <wb4znh at gmail.com <mailto:wb4znh at gmail.com> >
Date: October 24, 2016 at 6:32:22 PM EDT
To: wwi-reflector <wwi-reflector at googlegroups.com <mailto:wwi-reflector at googlegroups.com> >
Subject: (WWI) WA5NTI

Terry is no longer in the Prince William Hospital.  He has been moved to an Acute Rehab Hospital in Aldie.  The address is 24430 Millstream.  Google maps finds it just fine.

Terry continues to improve.  However, the improvement is incremental and those are pretty darned small.  He still cannot verbalize much, but his vocabulary is slowly growing.  KV4UC brought an excellent keyer to his room on Sunday, Terry still cannot translate his thoughts into the right sounds.  Morse code is not the solution.

It is interesting to note that while he can't talk where we can understand him, he can sing.  Terry does a rousing good Happy Birthday!

I understand that the Physical Therapists had him standing today.

CT Scans show that he has a tiny bit of brain swelling, but it has not increased any in a couple days.

Terry's daughter will be going back home in a day or two.  I am sure Terry would enjoy a visitor or two, however, I understand the Rehab hospital will be working him very hard for about 5 hours a day, both Physical and Speech Therapy.  So, I am not sure when it will be ok to visit.  I will try to find out and post it here.  73 Carl

--

James 2:14

--