AMRAD Meeting Space and BooyaSDR Meeting

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 4 10:46:26 CST 2017

We have had problems finding a meeting space and have had to try and
find one each month.  The Dolly Madison Library now had so much demand
for their meeting room that it is almost always spoken for when we need it.

Mark Kanawati has formed a space related company "Linaspace" and will be
developing satellites etc.  He has a space near where we meet at TACOS
and he has made it available to us for meetings.

He has some chairs but we may need more for our meetings so if anybody
has some spare folding chairs they can be used.  I have several that I
will bring to the space.

He has a large screen TV and we have the AMRAD projector.  I will bring
a projection screen to hang on the wall.

I suggest we go to the third Thursday of each month for meetings and use
his space.  He has been very generous in offering this so we must make
every effort to clean up the space after meetings.

A huge thank you to Mark for making this available on a regular basis.
This solves an ongoing problem.

For starters, we will have a speaker on the 23rd of January.  Rob Bowers
has arranged for Reginald Eisenblatt to talk about his SDR work and his
web site at

http://booyasdr.sourceforge.net/

I am looking forward to this meeting as the BooyaSDR looks very
interesting. (I want one.)  After this date we will try to arrange
meetings for the third Thursdays.  Obviously, a special speaker who will
be in town at another time can be arranged for.

This new meeting place is at:

2701 Prosperity Ave
Suite 215
Fairfax, VA  22031

There is a nice parking lot is adjacent to the building.  We will learn
just how to enter and set up for the meetings.  He is on the second
floor and there is an elevator.  The entrance door locks at 7 PM so
after that we will need to call Mark at 703 628 1821 for entry. There is
a nice view on Google maps for this address.

This place is only one block from the Metro.

Again, a big thanks to Mark for making this available to AMRAD.

Frank K0BRA