Really, Toyota, Really?

Doug Gentges doug.gentges at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:13:40 CST 2017

Local ham friend had a modern Cadillac with a high powered HF rig
installed.  All was well, except when he keyed up on 60m.  The CAN bus ran
at 5MHZ, and the RF got into it, causing an immediate shutdown of the
entire vehicle.  It required a battery cable disconnect/reconnect to get
everything rebooted and running again.

Doug