A Diode Blast from the Past

Phil philmt59 at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 19:26:24 CDT 2017

Hi Frank

You’re obviously more observant than me. Funny, because I got the distinct impression from the style that the oldest document was first. I loved the “no heater supply required!” emphasis and I would dearly love some 1N35 matched pairs and the matched quads for balanced mixers and modulators. Of course, I could match some of my own and put them on a PCB nowadays.

I remember adverts in the 1970s for crystal sets using “super-sensitive crystal diodes made especially for wartime radar!” as an advertisment for some kids radios made from WW2 surplus.

Phil M1GWZ