A Diode Blast from the Past Anetnnas,ect.

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Sat Apr 22 18:28:49 CDT 2017

p. 13 brings lots of questions:  I almost remember the gap right after WW2 before aluminum became a commodity.  Note the telephone pole tower, the wood antenna support and rotating mechanism.  An interlaced Yagi of some sort and the typical attic ham shack.  Coax was just coming in.  And the acknowledgement of Hams writing the ap note.  The last page has a NYC address from 500 5th Avenue.  I was lucky enough to have visited what was left of Radio Row just before it went away to make room for the World Trade Center.  Lots of memories there from a short visit. Some old guy with a visor in a second story store with piles of new WW2 radio stuff.  Looking back, wish I had bought one of each.

N0UU