Got an Yaesu VX-6 radio? Need your help

Samudra Haque samudra.haque at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 21:00:43 EDT 2017

I was able to get back my old Yaesu VX-6 handheld radio, and powered it
up after about two years of probably no use - it was with a friend. The
unit powered up with the DC charger cable directly plugged into the EXT
DC jack, and all memories are fine. When transmit is attempted it shuts
down as the charging current is not sufficient - that's fine with me.

When I plugged it into the battery charger socket, with the DC charger
cable the battery and battery-radio charged up over a long time, and
then indicated full. I tried to turn it on, and initially nothing
happened then later something turned on, and later things got weird -
the processor came on partially, LEDs turned on, and then squeals. Then
it went away.

I'm not sure if the battery pack is unserviceable - does anyone have a
radio that matches, and would allow me to test with their charged battery?

What are cheap ways to recondition this battery pack, or get a
replacement one? I have FNB-80LI at present (unknown condition).

73 de N3RDX

---
http://www.avg.com