6m moonbounce

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs at amrad.org
Mon Jul 3 14:40:19 EDT 2017

Hello 6 meter band fans...

Will you have a chance to point your beam at the moon? And record
some RF?

Radiating the Moon with 1 MW of power at 49.92 MHz.
TX in Peru with 36 dBi.
July 4th 01:19 UTC, and July 5th 02:04 UTC. +- 15 minutes.

The interpulse period on July 4th 01:19 UTC is 38 ms, and on July 5th
02:04 UTC is 40 ms. The code is 169 bits with 10 microsec baud.

100 kHz bandwidth should be enough. You should be able to make a Lunar
SAR map. TX is GPS locked.

Alas, my best 6m antenna is a vertical omni, and I shall try recording
with an rtl-sdr or airspy receiver. Maybe use the ham-it-up converter.
All I know I learned from twitter: https://twitter.com/jvierine

I hope a few people are able to catch the echoes from the Moon.

-Maitland