6m moonbounce

Maitland Bottoms aa4hs at amrad.org
Tue Jul 4 00:02:45 EDT 2017

Maitland Bottoms <aa4hs at amrad.org> writes:
> I hope a few people are able to catch the echoes from the Moon.

OK. I used a Comet SB-15 antenna, 1/4 wave at 6m, into an
airspy mini. Captured 60 GB at 3 Msps. Got a lot of noise
at least. I have yet to see any signal in there.
Perhaps my antenna array is a few thousand elements shy of
what's needed.

I am surprised - no 49 Mhz baby monitors in my neighborhood anymore?!
Times they are a changin'

Some more details on the gnuradio list:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2017-07/msg00018.html

The Jicamarca Radio Observatory in Peru:
http://jro.igp.gob.pe/english/

> The experiment will repeat also at
> 2017/07/05 02:04:00 UTC. Both experiments last about 15 minutes,
> when the Moon transits the radar beam.

Will try again tomorrow...