FW: Remember LORAN? It may be coming back.

Patrick Gray patgperiod at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 10:24:55 EDT 2017

    Loran-C was the predecessor to GPS for network timing, used by major
Telecoms Networks as a backup to GPS.

Not just used by sailors or fishermen. The Russians still maintain their
Soviet era Chayka system. I was told by a friend in Alaska that American
commercial fishermen in that region have sourced equipment that runs the
Chayka system.

Pat KF4MTV