Airgig

RICHARD BARTH w3hwn at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 17:05:40 EDT 2018

Just found this one mentioned, although it has apparently been

around for a couple of years in field trials. It puts high-speed data

in mm-wave frequency bands, where the signals are conducted

along power lines. From a quick reading of a couple of articles

(and no research beyond that on my part) it sounds like the power

lines are being used as single-conductor waveguides, with launchers

on either end. How these mm signals are conducted into individual

homes, I don't know.

Sounds like something we might want to keep track of. Anybody

know anything about this?

https://www.orangesv.com/blog/how-att-airgig-works/