anyone with a entry level FPGA development board (VHDL support) they don't need?

Martin dcmk1mr2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:25:43 EDT 2020

You might want to take a look at
https://www.amazon.com/LATTICE-SEMICONDUCTOR-ICE40HX1K-STICK-EVN-Evaluation-iCE40HX1K/dp/B00R3QU9K0
for a board and do a google search for Windows iceStorm support.  The are
more expensive FPGAs from Intel/Altera amd Xilinx but the tool chains are
awful.

You also might want to check to see if you really want to invest in VHDL or
if Verilog might be better for your needs.  It doesn't hurt to know both
but Verilog is more like C and is less trouble to learn.

Learning to simulate is a really import skill for FPGA development so you
can get started with that before you have hardware.

73 Martin W6MRR