What could go wrong?

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Sat Jun 27 13:38:16 EDT 2020

OK, I've gone mobile for FD lots of times, maybe 20 or more. I got the
rig in the truck and figured out the new tunings for the screwdriver
antenna. I had everything basically presetup from last year.  So this
year at the last minute I decided to try digital.  Did you know that
laptops sometimes have a special power adapter that senses power needs?
Well I did, but it took a while to solder up the connector and it worked
on my windows laptop.  However the old USB serial adapter I had chocked
on Win 10.  Easy fix right, just install FLDIGI on one of my Linux Mint
laptops.  Ha, well the power fix didn't work on that HP laptop though it
worked on the other HP with Win 10.  Well the serial port worked I
guess, but configuring it was just too much in the truck.   Oh well I
guess I'll print up some log sheets and get going in voice mode.

There are fewer clubs set up this pandemic year, I'm curious as to how
it will go...