What could go wrong?

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Mon Jun 29 09:28:45 EDT 2020

On 6/28/20 11:47 PM, Alex Fraser wrote:
> I have some hazy ideas about keeping a digital station running on the
> same machine I social network on.  What could go wrong?

I have (up until the recent storms) been running wispr on my daily
driver in a windows VM in the background w/ my flex 6300 -- band hopping
with my virtical loop.

I have learned that one must reboot windows at least once per day or it
will eat itself and lose the ability to maintain good timing - producing
hash in its output and input.

I have also learned that the wspr software will generate an unlimited
amount of data in the background that must be deleted once per day
(about the time I reboot it) so that the disk doesn't fill up and break
things.

So, that could go wrong, but it's easily mitigated with a small
maintenance routine.

Best,

_M

--