Chinese PSK31

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 23:28:03 EST 2020

I set up a Linux machine with FLdigi and a shortwave rig with a BFO on
it so I could copy the side band audio. The Chinese characters didn't go
through.  I messed around with the encoding choices in the FLdigi
configuration.  There is one encoding choice named "Chinese" which I
gave a try on both transmit and receive rigs.  Still no joy.  Thing is I
was using Google translate to create the Chinese characters and I have
no idea what they use to encode the translation. 漢字編碼 as you can see I
can copy and paste to my email client, but so far I can't get the
characters to fly through the sky on radio waves....