SO-239 hood?

Mark Whittington markwhi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:37:01 EST 2021

N connectors are great but putting them on cables is not.  If I really need
a 50 ohm connector I'll use BNC or SMA; the "serious hams" can keep all the
N connectors for themselves.

As for the crimp SO-239's, I haven't had any problem with them.  I usually
put adhesive heat shrink over the crimp side and for outdoor use I wrap
with coax sealing tape.  Works great, probably less great if you plan to
use them in a puddle or in your pool though.

I'll check later and see if I've got any in my collection.  If I do I'd be
happy to drop a couple in your mailbox this weekend.