[Moon-Net] 3 METER DISH AVAILABLE IN MD

samudra.haque at gmail.com samudra.haque at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:54:24 EST 2021

Well, 3m sizes gets you up to commercial quality service for 512kbps ~ 1.5Mbps QPSK modulation data rates to GEO easily with 5~10 Watts C-band. I wonder what it would do with regard to RX from the Moon which is far away, and most likely 10 GHz when the gateway station is operational?

Wouldn’t the distance alone require something of the order of 4.5m to 11m to have a focus rather than suffer from the noise reflected from a very broad lunar landscape?

I’m lazy and haven’t done a link budget at that distance .. if someone was interested to do it, I would volunteer to help with that analyses.