Which FCC table is applicable to ...

samudra.haque at gmail.com samudra.haque at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:39:27 EST 2021

Thanks Dick, I guess a beacon would be just another carrier in an assigned band, but considering that FCC couldn’t give me a direct answer, I had to ask.

What I am wondering (given the few pieces of information available) is historically, what were the mode/types of beacons that were downlinked in the HF range that were sent down from Satellites?

What’s the principle behind the beacons coming down to Earth stations, through the ionosphere? I though they would get trapped by the ionosphere as being reflected ? It’s fascinating know how.

samudra