flying RTL-SDR RPi

Samudra Haque samudra.haque at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:52:22 EST 2022

Are you proposing to modify the antenna connection to the transceiver front
end on a fkying platform remotley operated from ground? Cool. Are there
allowances within the scope of  FCC rules and FAA rules on drone control
range and capability, and FCC certification of the RF part?

In DC I strongly believe that's a no no.

Yes, for 1:1 point to point S-band ISM band I have done that within FCC
regs over 23 km l-o-s, for two years continuous service at 5.5 Mbps. Drones
are a totally different ball game and have more risks associated if the
plans for such get loose.

Please don't ITAR amateur radio, eh? Even SDR passive radar folks just got
in serious trouble.