shopping for a soldering station

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 13:42:16 EST 2022

I bought (12 years ago) a Chinese built unit with temp control on the
iron and the hot air blower. Replacement parts are still available. IIRC
their were many choices when I bought it, I have no clue as to the brand
and I think it was around $125 of so.  I unplug it when not using it as
it makes a very faint hum when off.  I've never owned a top of the line
model so this one works great for me because I don't know no better...