shopping for a soldering station

Nan and Sandy Sanders radiodog77 at pobox.com
Thu Dec 15 02:13:37 EST 2022

My station is a15 year old Pace. I got it because of the huge
selection of size and shape of tips available however I really only
use about 3 or 4 tips. (just looked and Pace prices have almost
doubled) Get plenty of Watts in the hand piece ( mine is 90 Watts).
My hot air pencil is OK machine and old enough that I bought it used
at the Gathersburg hamfest. I use an old lab hot plate for pre heat.
I like having the iron separate from the hot air because of size and
weight. Hakko should be a good choice. I haven't used one but I have
not heard any thing bad about them. You should be able to find a You
tube video on about any thing you might be interested in.
I usually buy supplies from EAE Sales ( eaesales.com ) at the Dayton
Hamfest. I got a really nice LUXO magnifier from him well worth the
money. He also has new and used stations for sale.
Hope this helps.
      Sandy
      WB5MMB