Dual Gate Mosfets (more)

Gerald Wolczanski jerrywlinux at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 06:24:45 CST 2012

See (from the QRP-l forum GD3YEO):
I have been reading all the responses to my request for a 40673 and am
overwhelmed. I had determined from all the responses including yours
that the BF998 was what I wanted. I then looked at SMT to conventional
leaded part solutions and came up with an adapter board of sorts from
Capital Advanced Technologies which is handled by Digikey. This little
adapter board adapts the SOT143 package to a SIP package and they only
cost less than $1.50 ea in single quanity. The BF998 are 14 cents each

Another ham just suggests flipping the BF998 upside down and bending the
tabs.

Most posters suggests the BF998 is actually BETTER than the 40673.
W7ZOi suggests that when the MOSFET mixer is implemented properly, it
can offer very good performance.  It would certainly run rings around
the NE602 family of devices, which ought to be outlawed IMHO.

Jerry