Dark Energy

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Fri Nov 23 17:20:27 CST 2007

Sorry gang... I initially sent this through my mac account.  Now sent
with proper email address.

Hey Tacitos,

One of the concepts in the recently linked article, "Honey, I Doomed
The Universe", Dark Energy was mentioned.  The writer explains this as
a yet to be detected form of energy, but is believed to contribute to
the universe's expansion.    I would say the writers of that article
are missing one very important concept.

The result of 'dark energy' has been observed since humans first
inhabited Earth, yet it is only in more modern times that we have had
a proper term for the action, yet this is overlooked by the scientific
community.  This is explained below.

Take a look at any burned out light bulb.  Notice the black coating on
the glass?   If you discuss this with any electronics professional, he/
she will be quick to tell you that a light bulb DOES NOT emit light.
It sucks in darkness.  That is why the electronic abbreviation on a
schematic for a light bulb is 'DS' - DS is a DARK SUCKER.

Prior and even ancient generations saw this effect as the blackness
that coats oil lamp chimneys and the like.

Ever since mankind discovered fire, and later electricity, we have
been putting the universe in peril.  This darkness thought to aid in
the expansion of the universe is being sucked up in ever greater
quantities through our electric lifestyle.   Newer CFL bulbs even
compound the problem in their greater efficiency to suck in the
darkness.

Well, can't we just break a bulb and release the stored darkness?  The
person who discovers how to accomplish this will likely win the next
Nobel prize.  The atomic structure of the darkness is changes as it
collects on the glass of the bulb.  Thousands of hours of absorption
by the dark sucker creates only a few milligrams of tangible darkness
collected on the glass.   I don't believe a darkness molecule has ever
been collected for study, as that molecule has already been rendered
useless by the dark sucker.

There's a whole new filed of study, ladies and gentlemen.

Joe, N6DGY