Circuit Maker software, free :-)

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 24 21:02:35 CST 2008

Joe,

Maybe I am naive but the circuitmaker web site seems legit.

http://www.circuitmaker.com/

If it has been up for some time and was  not part of Altium I would
think they would bring it down or I would find something through Google.

On the other hand I do not find any reference to this circuitmaker web
site and that the program is is alive and well.  College students could
do a lot of good work with it. The Altium web site is silent on its
availability.

Nonetheless, this looks to be a fine program given the purchase price of
*free*.  Perhaps this web site and free version is a result of efforts
by some rogue insiders at Altium and the word has not gotten out.

I have been using the free version of Eagle which limits the size and
complexity of the schematic and PC board.  This version of circuitmaker
looks to be a nice step up in my meager lab.

Frank