Programmer's Hostility Towards Beginners

Joe Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Mon Jul 7 09:25:13 CDT 2008

WB4JFI wrote:
> Have you looked at the beginner PIC programming books advertised in Nuts and
> Volts and Circuit Cellar?  They may be a good place to start as well.  I
> seem to remember Easy PIC'N as one title... I could not find an ad in the
> latest issue of N&V...  Check out:
> http://www.sq-1.com/

Yes!  I have a copy of that book.  It was rather difficult to find.  I
ordered it before I was aware of the publisher, and bought it from All
Electronics.  I've had it for just a few weeks now, and have not sat
down to begin studying with it.

Oh, and upon receiving the replies from this thread, I ordered a used
copy of Kernighan and Ritchie's definitive C book.  Reading the
comments, this seems to be the doctrine that all others are based upon.
I'm looking forward to adding it to my studies.

73,
Joe, N6DGY
Pleasant Grove, Utah