NS-40 Class E Transmitter on a Postcard

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:55:48 CST 2009

> I saw that in QST.  I like the printed
> inductors on the PC board.
> It's pretty nice to be able to get
> that sort of power out
> of a few dollars of mosfets.

I havent looked at this yet, but my design goal for the future of Ham radio for entery level is a design using the high voltage MOSFETS found in each COmpackt Florescent.
There are enough diodes and mosfets in each bulb to make the basis of a nice power transmitter.

We did it 40 years ago with parts from TV sets.  Let us now build our stuff from the throw-away electronics in the Green Wave!

I proposed a design challenge to the ARRL for this kind of project a year or so ago, but got no real response.

Bob, Wb4APR