Re Expanding broadband to bail out economies ???

Metavox LLC metavox at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 22:08:04 CST 2009

Dave,

OK, I get it sort of.  First, I have a bean here.  Next I have three
shells and then I move them all around while talking fast and furious.
Finally, tell me which shell the bean is underneath.

Motorola tested and demonstrated a system to ARRL that both worked and
did not interfere in the ham bands.  With a wave of the hand, IBM may
have something under the shell or maybe not or they will just punt.
Where is their BPL?

Oh yes.  One more thing, the BPL systems do not go much further than 300
feet from injector to injector unless they have the transmit level
turned up past the Part 15 levels.  I do not see these distances being
useful in rural systems.

I need to get out my all digital Ouija board to figure this all out.  I
think I feel a headache coming on.  Meanwhile, don't give up your
WildBlue satellite system.  It may still be the best you can get.  Folks
here in Washington are out having a smoke-in with some really funny
smelling stuff while mumbling BPL... BPL... BPL...

Frank K0BRA