Rapatronic High Speed Shutter

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Jan 21 23:18:47 CST 2011

Edgerton's company was EG&G

they specialized in all sorts of extremely curious
devices, the Rapatronic cameras are but one.
most of their wares, though, have something to do
with a *lot* of energy doing something in a *very*
short time. the company is still around.

on Nova last night, David Pogue visited "Strobe Alley"
in the Edgerton Lab at MIT. turns out Edgerton was
Pogue's great uncle and as a kid he got to hang around
the strobe lab.

sigh
	-mo