Major Drop In Solar Activity Predicted

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 28 12:23:26 CDT 2011

>> "The... Little Ice Age—it actually began about 1300 AD—
>> but it marked perhaps the bitterest part of the cooling.
>> About a third of the population of Europe perished....
>
> Yep.  We have global markets and shipping today.
> If necessary food can be airlifted in, or people relocated.

Not human nature.  First we get warlords that grab the dwindling resources, then violent wars to slaughter the weak and humble.  The warlords just follow the resources, raping and pillaging until they arrive in a sustainable area.  That's how life works from the Amoeba all the way up to man.

>> Glaciers in the Alps advanced and overran farms and
>> buried entire villages."

> We have moving vans.

But not human nature over decades of incremental infinistesimal change.  Put a frog in hot water, it jumps out to save itself.  Boil a frog starting in tepid water and it never realizes it is being boiled alive.  By the time he realizes he can no  longer live, it is too late to jump out.  Many people we see today have less intelligence than the frog.

>> "The Thames River and canals and rivers of the
>> Netherlands frequently froze over during the winter.

> We have icebreakers.

Simply not sustainable.  Yes to survive a winter or two, but not sustainable for CENTURIES.

> The skiers will love it, they'll just need to
> turn up the hear in their BMWs.  The road crews
> will get paid for lots of overtime

Silliness...

> Even if true I fully expect our species to endure.
> (After all, we are the clever ones - at least by half.)
> =-O However, our numbers could be somewhat diminished as a consequence.

There is the truth of the matter.  But will even the clever ones survive the maurading hoards of Rush Limbaugh ditto heads and NRA gun toting self-driven isolationist meatheads.

We can use 2 meters for command and control...