PLT devices

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Dec 31 07:27:39 CST 2011

Iain McFadyen <mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com> writes:

> The set top boxes have an 802.11b/g/n option, and I believe that this is the
> direction to be used for deployment.

That'll work really well in a dense environment like a block of flats
where everyone can hear each other's signal (and well-intentioned
people try to be slick by sitting on someone else's skirt as a result
of setting their channel to something other than 1/6/11).

I realize that dual radios on the AP cost more, but if you can move
people's TV (and other stuff too) to the 5 ghz bands, at least they
don't go as far or through construction materials as well.  In the far
end from the network rack of my relatively small house, the 2.4 ghz
stuff is 10 to 12 dB louder than the 5.8.

-r