Just say no to driverless cars ?

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 23:13:06 CST 2012

On 12/1/2012 9:36 PM, Chip Fetrow wrote:
> If the pilots could have taken control and ruined the engines, they
> could have had at least some thrust and gotten to a runway.

  So, the pilot's options were limited not only by a bird strike but
also by a computer system with predetermined command override
priorities. That doesn't sound good to me.
While some may be comfortable with computers making major control
decisions, as a pilot with lives on the line I'd prefer to reserve those
options for my judgement.
Guess I'm old fashioned that way.

Richard