Ten Tec 506 and Arduino

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sun May 19 10:14:44 CDT 2013

Oh I see - we're talking about two different things.
I saw The New Oooooh Shiny! and was blinded by the price.

I did read down and looked at the TT506 blurb.
Seems like a cheeze-ball $1 LCD display would have
been an immensely useful addition. Although I
admit that at $199, if you consider it a pre-assembled
prototyping kit, it's probably cost-effective for
hackery purposes. Add an Ethernet shield and
make it a PSK31 or JoeTaylor-mode server/beacon.

Maybe Ten-Tec has seen the light-

     Open your Hymnals to Page "42" and let us sing "Eat or Be Eaten!"

That would certainly get the TT logo in front of a
lot of people who would likely not see it any time soon.

So kudos to them for whatever reason - enlightment
or sheer terror. They did *A Good Thing*.

     -mo