National Radio Quiet Zone W.Va

Nan and Sandy Sanders radiodog77 at pobox.com
Wed Aug 14 15:46:27 CDT 2013

Hi Phill, transmitters are only banned from the grounds. I have heard
hams doing a talk in from a park in Green Bank for a picnic on a 2
meter repeater. The big things are no cell phones and my
understanding is there is a ban on wifi for a 10 mile radius by way
of a state zoning law. They also watch for leaky microwave ovens and
will track them down. They have a very nicely equipped truck for
tracking down stray RF. Some EMphobics have moved to the area.
      Sandy
     WB5MMB