PC board milling?

Dave Skolnick dave at skolnick.org
Fri Jan 1 07:23:53 CST 2016

> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 20:25:29 -0500
> From: "Terry N4TLF" <n4tlf at ...>
>
> The QRP Tech Yahoo group has discussed using laser printers to print out
the
> PC board traces, then use irons or laminators to transfer that to a pc
board.
> Then you use the chemicals to etch like normal.  I really don’t want to
play with
> chemicals.

I have been thinking about that approach while reading this thread. It has
been a long time (30 years?) since I did that so I don't remember all the
details. I recall printing on one particular side of a clear plastic sheet
which I seem to remember had a coating to release the toner more easily and
consistently. I think there was an acid etchent, a neutralizer, and a
cleaner. The hardest part was drilling for through hole parts.

73 es sail fast de dave KO4MI

--
sail fast and eat well, dave
Dave Skolnick S/V Auspicious