Re-inventing the web

kf4hcw kf4hcw at lifeatwarp9.com
Thu Jun 9 22:48:49 CDT 2016

On 06/09/2016 10:58 PM, Ethan Waldo wrote:
> I was rolling my eyes until

It still has a long way to go I think, but it is picking up steam and
it's solid enough right now for a lot of experimentation... maybe just
shy of production _IF_ you can implement what you want with what is
already baked in.

The biggest problems I see with it at the moment is that there's no good
ways to deal with:

* Dynamic data and/or revocation. (It's technically possible with IPNS,
but not nearly good enough yet)

* Search. There simply is no mechanism searching IPFS for content right
now. I remember the days before search engines. Search engines are _the
killer app_ for the web ... be it old broken joint http or new IPFS hotness.

I'm sure these things are coming ... there are a lot of folks out there
who _REALLY_ want this to work for lots of good reasons.

_M

--
kf4hcw
Pete McNeil